Dynamic Compaction (DC)
Dynamic compaction (DC) is a ground improvement technique that has been used for decades to increase the bearing capacity of soil and reduce settlement. It involves the use of heavy weights, such as sandbags or steel plates, which are dropped from a height onto the ground surface. This repetitive process causes an increase in density and strength of the soil, resulting in improved bearing capacity and reduced settlement. Dynamic compaction is an effective and economical way to improve weak soils, especially in areas where there is limited access for other types of ground improvement methods.
- Dynamic compaction (DC) is a ground improvement technique that densifies soils by repeated surface tamping using a heavy steel drop weight
- High energy impact transmits shock waves through the ground which reduce air and water voids between soil particles resulting in enforced settlement
- Can improve various of soil types, from natural sandy gravel to alluvial, saturated clay, and silty ground
- Can improve at more high depth than methods like conventional rolling compaction, It effectively enhances the soil to a depth of 10m
- Cost savings in excess of deep foundations and most undercut and replace options
Dynamic Replacement (DR)
Dynamic Replacement (DR) is a ground improvement technique that has been gaining traction in the construction industry. It involves using a powerful machine to replace existing soil with new soil, allowing for improved drainage, increased stability, and greater load-bearing capacity. This technique can be used for a variety of applications, from residential foundations to roadways and beyond. By using Dynamic Replacement, construction professionals can ensure that their projects are built on solid ground and will last for years to come.
- Dynamic Replacement (DR) is an extension of Dynamic Compaction (DC) by replace cohesionless soils, after compacting, with large granular column
- The tamping energy will drive granular material down into the compressible soils
- Suitable to improve soils with high fines content that can not be compacted with traditional DC
- Can be applied with structures with high loading like storage tank, heavy machine factory, etc.
- The columns will also help in better water drainage of the ground